Here are my responses to surveys that I have completed as a candidate for Maling Ward.
The Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre wrote to me about their concerns about lack of funding for maintenance and facilities upgrades and the lack of clarity of the process for getting funding and Council priorities.
- The Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre provides vital services and facilities to the Boroondara community. I have attended numerous meetings and events there, and know it is greatly appreciated by locals.
- I note that the Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre needs facilities improvements including bigger room sizes to cater for the demand for larger class and meeting sizes. Funds are also needed for basic maintenance including fixing leaky roofs and new carpets.
- I will advocate for the Boroondara Council to implement transparent and clear processes for setting priorities and timetables for funding of major facilities and infrastructure improvements.
Boroondara Bicycle Users Group - my response on Provision of Cycling Facilities in Boroondara
Boroondara Heritage Group for Advocacy and Protection of our Heritage
- Support the formation of Heritage Advisory Committee that includes some Councillors, Council Officers and local residents.
- Support the implementation of the Boroondara Heritage Action Plan that has been approved by Council. I have signed a pledge to that effect.
Kooyong Climate Change Alliance - my response to their candidate questionnaire.
Alliance for Gambling Reform - I support all their advocacy asks.
My response to the stop the North East Link alliance candidate survey. The East West link is a massive road project that will destroy green space, increase carbon emissions and encourage more private vehicle use. Sustainable transport options including new train and bike paths should be built instead.
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.